Click here for Ask an Advisor for quick answers!
Click here to read about cliff retirements and why you don’t want one!
- As fee-only fiduciaries, we serve your needs first. Our principal, Bonnie A. Sewell (formerly Hughes), CFP®, has been working in financial services since 1981, and has been a Certified Financial Planner for families since 1992. She also earned the Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, designation and Certified Divorce Financial Analyst designation, CDFA™. She served 3 years on the National Board for the Financial Planning Association and currently serves as President on the Board of Directors for the non-profit Loudoun Therapeutic Riding (www.ltrf.org).
- Interviewed by CNBC’s Sharon Epperson, October 2010
- Spoke at College of Charletston “Discipline Determines Destiny”, November 2010
- Spoke at Investment News Retirement Income Summit “The Golden Fears”, NYC, March 2009
- Served as Georgia’s Secretary of State Cathy Cox’s Retirement Planning Speaker in her Investment Education Series, “Money Counts” with letters of commendation, 2004-2006
- Contributor to “Tips from the Top: Targeted Advice from America’s Top Money Minds”, Alpha Books, 2003
- Lead author 2004 white paper, “It Takes a Wired Village” accepted by the National Association for Financial Education (NEFE)
- Columnist for the industry’s Journal of Financial Planning through 2011
- Spoke in Leesburg, VA, October 12, 2011, “Monte Carlo in the Morning”
- Spoke in San Diego, February 29, 2012, “Succession Planning”
- Author, “Love-Jacked! Divorce Your Spouse, Not Your Dollars”, available on Amazon and Kindle
- Spoke at industry conferences November 2012 and January 2013
- Spoke at Women on the Move transportation company owners in Miami, March 2013
- Spoke at Spinning Wheels, more transportation company owners in Phoenix, March 2013
- Spoke at the National Business Educators Conference, Atlanta, April 2013
- Spoke on personal finance at Cascades Public Library, Sterling, VA April 2013
- Health & Wealth Workshop at Lost Creek Winery November 2013 with Cliff Russell, ex-NFL player and trainer from Ripped Performance
- Interviewed on Executive Leaders Radio, December 19 2013
- Speaking at Sterling Women Luncheon April 2014
Bonnie earned a Masters degree in Financial Planning and keeps current throught at least 30 hours of professional continuing education each year. In gratitude to her community, Bonnie donates up to 10% of her annual hours to pro bono work reflecting her commitment in helping to create a world where everyone thrives and prospers.
As the 3rd generation of women business owners in her family, Bonnie has expertise in helping men and women meet their wildest dreams in business ~ she can help you plan, build or exit your business profitably, she helps divorced clients keep and grow their settlements, and guides widows and widowers in their new lives.
Sometimes, clients like to know what their planner is doing to achieve their own life balance. To that end, Bonnie is happily married to Murray Sewell, she works out on her Concept II rower daily, snorkels when in Miami, hikes in Northern Virginia, and joins her adult son, Kevin in the mountains of North Carolina for bouldering and caving excursions and her oldest son, Sean in Charleston, SC for exploring local culture, fine eating and drinking establishments, and beach time. Active in the game of golf after years away, Bonnie is playing again. Golf is a wonderful way to get outdoors, play hard, and relax with friends at the 19th hole.